Saturday, October 4, 2008

OSHO!

I am writing from the Osho meditation centre in Pune. We arrived Friday afternoon and have spent a glorious weekend here. To be honest, I was a little skeptical ( haha...skeptical..me ..no way!) about the chanting and required maroon robes but after a while I let myself get sucked in. One of my first meditation classes was the Osho Kundalini meditation with shaking, dancing and lying. It was amazing! I walked out of the auditorium feeling like a complete space cadet ( in the best way). I feel like I have discovered a silence in myself that has been dormant for a long time. Wait make that, completely asleep. It is a true gift to be able to spend time here, to sit in silence or wander around aimlessly. I feel totally energized and at the same time, I have slept more in the past weekend than I have in a very long time. And hey, I get to keep the maroon robe.
Oh and FIY, if you ever fly into a country and I don't know, lose your passport and travel visa, make sure you have copies! It has been a major major hassle checking into hotels, seeing as I didn't actually make copies of these two documents. I had to make a lot of calls to the embassy to get in at this retreat but it has been completely worth it. Don't get put off by the middle aged men sporting dresses and pony tails, the things I have experienced here will stay with me for the rest of my life.
Adios!

No comments: