Monday, October 27, 2008

What do YOU think...

Is there anything more dangerous than a group of seven year old boys with A LOT of fireworks? ....... I will give someone a tap recital and a big cake if they can come up with an answer, because I don't think there is one. India is currently celebrating the Diwali festival, which is very much like Christmas (except without the Jesus part and the litres of whiskey) and everyone is very excited. The first few days I remember walking around thinking " Oh isn't this lovely, everyone has their lanterns out and keeps shaking my hand...so sweet". Yeah ..well I spoke too soon. I felt like I was living in a war zone last night. The fireworks kept going until eight this morning. Maybe I don't quite understand but doesn't setting off fireworks in the middle of the day defeat the purpose? I thought fireworks were only effective and sparkly at night? Obviously I have a lot to learn.
On Saturday I went back to all-boys boarding school at Kamshet. It's a lovely school but is in desperate need for funds. It is currently home to fifty boys, mainly from the area of Kargil in Northern India. Many of these boys have lost their parents due to conflict in the area and were moved to Kamshet to find some stability. The boys are so lovely and I really want to get involved in helping this school out. Right now I am just writing a report of the whole situation of the school and I will probably go back in a few weeks. I guess one of the great things that came out of me losing my passport was being able to teach at this school for a week....Maybe some things do happen for a reason.
Anyway, just a quick update. I am sending out lots of love to everyone. Adios

No comments: