Thursday, September 25, 2008

Finally...

I have some pictures. I will upload the

rest to Flickr..so go look!



This is the guest house in Pen where I am currently living.




A street in Mumbai --->








Three pictures from Takwe, a tiny village I stayed in for a week.









I know it's not many but I will put the rest up. It has been huge pain finding somewhere to upload my ever expanding photo collection. I am enjoying my time here in Pen. My local "coordinator" Sharad, who evidently speaks very basic english, has been taking me around on his motorcycle and showing me the sights. This week I have been going to villages around Pen and seeing how CFI's projects are coming along. I will be spending the next few weeks with the Community Development department. Basically, CFI chooses an entire village to sponsor and they help to create things such as school and health facilities, basic permanent housing and sustainable economies within these villages. Although the language is a major barrier, it is pretty incredible to see the progress that has been made in some communities. In the next few weeks, I will be spending some time with the HIV/Aids awareness and prevention department. I will report back with any interesting stories. Adios!

No comments: