Sunday, November 2, 2008

" Suppperrmannnnn"

"You are my sunshine...my only sunshine"

Here are some pictures of "Winter" camp. Every winter, CFI host's a winter camp for the sponsor children. These camps are four days long and include everything from "personality development" games to morning yoga sessions. After hiking for an hour, we finally reached the village of Virani which is in the middle of nowhere (of course it is). It is a tiny village situated on the top of a very hilly region but still is incredibly beautiful. We played games all afternoon and I was able to get to know some CFI sponsor kids. After a lovely home/mass cooked meal, the girls showed us some Indian cultural dances. The dancing was amazing but it led to a chorus of kids screaming " Katy Jacci DANCE". After trying unsuccessfully to explain to everyone that I didn't know any cultural dances from America (I have stopped trying to explain that Canada and America are in fact different countries), I was forced to come up with something on the spot. Here is the embarrassing part -- I actually did the "soldier boy" dance in front of 150 Indian children, plus a handful of social workers. ..For those of you who know this lyrical masterpiece, you might be asking...Really?! -- Yes, yes I did. I even sang a little; well the clean version.

SO ...here are the pics!!



Game time



Team leader


Katrina...The coolest cat in town

Trying to be official with Kiran


Not technically winter camp but the last day of the Diwali Festival
Anyway, the whole weekend was fun despite the fact I now have a runny nose, which was my own fault as I thought it would be a great idea to sleep outside. I can't wait for next week and the places I will be heading to. Take care !
Adios

1 comment:

Magali said...

Katie! You are so amazing and it looks like you are having such a wonderful time in India! I look forward to when you're back in Vic soon! You're still coming back right? Hey do you know a guy named Andrew who's doing something similar to you?
love life!
Magali