Monday, July 13, 2009

From Fringers to Folkies!

Only ten days overdue....I am going to update you all from the time we stepped foot in Regina to my current position in Winnipeg.

We left out hotel party in Medicine Hat (which by the way is "The Gas City") late Sunday morning and set out for Regina ( to attend the Regina Fringe Festival - fun fun). We stayed in the Turgeon Hostel for two nights. Turgeon Hostel is quite lovely and has a great location BUT....... we had a near run in with a potential serial killer, which led us to believe that the hostel does not have a guest screening process. Of course we skillfully avoided the creepy serial killer guy, jumped in the car and began our drive to Winnipeg! Yippppeeeeee.....

Winnipeg (which is where I currently am) is lovely! We are staying with Signi & Company ( her lovely family) who by the way is Kristin's cousin. We have been crashing here while we Folk Fested our way through the weekend! Winnipeg Folk Festival has been around for over 30 years ( I think -- I know it's old) and it was pretty amazing. We finished up the weekend by listening to the very very lovely Patrick Watson and I head home tomorrow for my birthdayyyyy.

Thanks for listening folks ( ha ha ) and I'll see you on my next adventure...

adios...

P.S Pictures below!


Our first stop in Saskatoon




Is that a friendly prairie giraffe? I think so...



Saskatoon


Regina Fringe Festival


Signi's 'hood in Winnipeg - possibly the nicest one I have seen in a while..


Soren, Kristin and Jonina

The crew....
Oh FIY -- I don't really have any pictures of Folk Fest...but Kristin does!
Take care lovelies

No comments: